General Manager - Premium Quality Artisan Food Market
Job Category: General Manager
Job Location: Greater Manchester
Description: General Manager - Premium Quality Artisan Food Market/Multi-Counter Deli Operation
** You MUST drive and have a minimum of 3 years current General Manager experience managing a premium quality multi-outlet retail food and drink operation (including farm shops, bakeries, patisseries, meat/seafood specialists, dairy counters, coffee shops, fresh produce as well as beer, wine and spirit counters **
NOTE: We are not looking for supermarket managers for this role.
Our client, a premium quality food and drink specialist retailer, are looking for a strong, hands-on General Manager with solid high-volume experience to run their extremely busy multi-counter deli operation based in the Preston area. The operation is owned by an extremely successful company who already own other similar operations with great connections in the industry not to mention a genuine passion and proven track record. This is a growing company where you have the autonomy to make real decisions and run the business as if it was your own with a real focus on providing the highest standards of customer service in a quality, warm and friendly environment.
We are looking for passionate and exceptional General Manager with a solid premium quality food and drink background. As the face of the business you will be engaging and advising customers whilst showcasing the best of the operation's quality offerings. You will be responsible for a very large team of deli counter staff and will operate a selection of fresh food and drink counters including bakeries, patisseries, farm shops, meat/seafood specialists, dairy counters, coffee shops, fresh produce as well as beer, wine and spirit counters. This exciting artisan food and drink led retail concept will require a highly-talented individual who is genuinely interested and passionate about fresh food products, quirky drink offerings and locally sourced produce.
As the General Manager you will be a real personality who can build up a great rapport with local regular trade and visitors alike. You will be experienced and have the ability to use your charm and charisma to build strong relationships and provide and maintain the highest standards of service, instilling these into the team.
You will be a great communicator, responsible for all aspects of running a very successful business including implementing and maintaining standards, training, planning and organising the team to ensure that all shifts are carried out with maximum guest satisfaction. You will run the business as your own and will be responsible for all departments and although the operational side of the business and your hands-on skills are of the greatest importance, you must also be aware of and understand the impact that figures and costings have on the business and know how to push your business forward.
You will be highly dedicated, professional and possess excellent communication skills, along with having a passion for good food and great service within a quality, high volume operation. There is a fantastic opportunity to come up with various new ideas to develop the business even further and this is a fantastic role for the right candidate.
* You MUST drive and have a minimum of 3 years up to date General Manager experience in a premium quality multi-outlet retail food and drink operation (including bakeries, patisseries, farm shops, meat/seafood specialists, dairy counters, coffee shops, fresh produce as well as beer, wine and spirit counters)
* Solid evidence of Profit + Loss accountability and managing a large well-established team of 30+ members of staff
* A real personality - passionate, charismatic and oozing charm and fantastic customer service skills
* A great communicator - excellent at developing relationships with local suppliers, regular customers and visitors
* Previous strong experience of running a similar high-volume operation.
* You will need to have the ability to train and motivate others, be a team player and share your passion for quality and service.
* As General Manager you will need to be able to drive the business from the floor, be present and run the business as if it were your own.
* An ability to engage in conversation with customers at all levels and build up strong local relationships is an absolute must!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to a high volume of interest, only applicants with the required listed experience will be contacted. WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR SUPERMARKET MANAGERS OR CANDIDATES LOOKING FOR THEIR FIRST APPOINTMENT!
In order to ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae in a Word Document format.
Berkeley Scott is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Employer Reference: GM-24717-PRE
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 0161 233 5884
Job Website: http://www.berkeley-scott.co.uk
Number of Views: 17
Date Added: 24 July 2017