General Manager - High-Quality & High-Volume Gastro Pub
Job Category: Bar/Club/Pub Manager
Job Location: Birmingham
Description: General Manager - High-Quality & High-Volume Gastro Pub
Location: Shirley, Birmingham
Salary: £35,000-40,000 + Bonuses + Gratuities
** You MUST drive and have solid quality gastro pub GM experience in a stylish high-volume gastro operation! **
We are NOT looking for a traditional Pub Manager. What we are looking for is a strong, hands-on General Manager who has experience of running a high modern-style, high quality, gastro pub operation. As this is a growing company, you will have the autonomy to make real decisions and run the business as if it was your own with a real focus on providing the highest standards of customer service in a quality, warm and friendly environment.
With a very competent, quality Head Chef and an existing strong team, the operation prides itself on its wide-ranging menu of high standard, quality, locally-sourced food and we are looking for a General Manager who can go into the site and work with the team in order to grow the business and build the team.
This gastro operation is owned by a small extremely successful company who already own other successful gastro pubs and with great connections in the industry and a real passion and proven track record, any site the company open is destined to be a success.
As the General Manager you will be a real personality who can build up a great rapport with local regular trade and visitors alike. You will be experienced and have the ability to use your charm and charisma to build strong relationships and provide and maintain the highest standards of service, instilling these into the team. As General Manager of this gastro pub and restaurant operation you will be a great communicator, responsible for all aspects of running a very successful business including implementing and maintaining standards, training, planning and organising the team to ensure that all shifts are carried out with maximum guest satisfaction. You will run the business as your own and will be responsible for both front and back of house and although the operational side of the business and your front of house, hands-on skills are of the greatest importance, you must also be aware of and understand the impact that figures and costings have on the business and know how to push your business forward. Successful candidates will be highly dedicated, professional and possess excellent communication skills, along with having a passion for good food and great service within a quality, high volume operation. There is a fantastic opportunity to come up with various new ideas to develop the business even further and this is a fantastic role for the right candidate.
* 3+ years proven and up-to-date GM experience in running a busy, quality high volume gastro pub.
* Solid evidence of P+L accountability and managing a large well-established team
* A real personality - passionate, charismatic and oozing charm and fantastic customer service skills
* A great communicator - excellent at developing relationships with local, regular customers and visitors
* Previous strong experience of running a quality gastro pub or quality restaurant operation with a passion for and proven experience of working with fresh food.
* The ideal candidate will have a background of running a modern-style gastro pub operation
* The ideal candidate will ideally have experience of working for one of the quality gastro pub operators and who is maybe feeling frustrated about working for a large company and wants to have more autonomy, make real decisions and have an impact in growing the business.
* You will need to have the ability to train and motivate others, be a team player and share your passion for quality and service.
* As General Manager you will need to be able to drive the business from the floor and run the business as if it were your own.
* An ability to engage in conversation with customers at all levels and build up strong local relationships
Salary and Benefits or Remuneration:
The starting salary for this role is £35,000-40,000.
Berkeley Scott is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Employer Reference: GM-1717-SHI
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 0161 233 5884
Job Website: http://www.berkeley-scott.co.uk
Number of Views: 10
Date Added: 17 July 2017