People Development Manager - 15 cool bars & pubs
Job Category: Area Manager
Job Location: Leeds
Description: People Development Manager - Quality Food Led Pub & Bar Company
50/50 Split of Operations/Learning & Development
Location: Yorkshire/North West
SALARY: Up to £35,000 plus bonus and benefits including company car; mobile phone; pension & healthcare
Well respected Cool Food Pub and quirky bar company are looking for an experienced People Development Manager from a forward thinking quality pub/restaurant or bar company within the Yorkshire/North West Area to translate business goals & people development requirements throughout the portfolio of operations. The role is operationally based alongside learning and development/training and has a 50/50 split between the two with a firm belief that the successful candidate will only be effective on the L & D /HR side, if the have good strong operational knowledge.
The role would suit candidates within strong branded food pub or bar company, ideally with experience of running multi-sites if possible alongside experience/qualifications on the L & D side.
* Proven track record of working as a successful Operational Manager with a branded pub or bar company with the emphasis on great ale and beers and good quality wholesome food and a focus on the training & development, L & D, people development and strong HR knowledge.
* Experience of managing side from an operational point of view, ideally with at least 3 years experience of managing more than one site/a cluster of sites in an operational role with people development responsibilities
* Inspiring with the ability to nuture your teams to promote development & progression
* The ability to develop, coach and support people development
* Ability to use initiative
* The real drive to succeed and formulate ideas and make changes where necessary
* The ability to develop people management policies & practices, implementing them across the business and managing them consistently
* The desire to get involved and manage new projects
*Organised and good at planning with the ability to identify and build a culture of high performance through leadership, performance management, communication, development & coaching
* Strong solid background - some evidence of longevity in roles
* The desire to work for a solid brand that will allow growth and development
* Based in the Yorkshire or North West area but also with a willingness for regular travel both locally & nationally
* The ability to motivate, influence, train and drive your team - identifying training needs and delivering training & development plans in order to deliver on brand/operational standards
* The ability to develop strong relationships
* Lead on specific HR projects - planning, job evaluation etc
* The ability to devise training programmes
* Passion for HR , training and personal development of your people
* GREAT COMMUNICATOR
* GREAT PERSONALITY - OPTIMISTIC & WARM WITH A BRIGHT & ENTHUSIASTIC MANNER
* COMMERCIALLY ASTUTE
* THE DESIRE TO WORK FOR AN AMAZING PROGRESSIVE COMPANY
* MCIPD/CMI/L&D qualified or with equivalent business qualification
* Up to date knowledge of training & development , performance management, employment law & HR best practice
* Strong computer presentation skills
Salary and Benefits or Remuneration
The starting salary for this role is up to £35,000 depending on experience plus numerous benefits including company car, healthcare, pension and bonus.
In order to ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae highlighting both your operational and L & D experience in a Word format.
If this role does not fully match your needs please visit our website, www.berkeley-scott.co.uk for similar opportunities or call us on 0161 233 5883.
Berkeley Scott is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 1001967
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 0363 233 5883
Job Website: http://www.berkeley-scott.co.uk
Number of Views: 8
Date Added: 15 June 2017