JUNIOR SOUS CHEF
Job Category: Sous Chef
Job Location: Berkshire, Reading
Description: This beautiful, stylish Hotel is looking for an ambitious Junior Sous/Sous Chef to join their large brigade working with a highly talented Head Chef. Set in majestic buildings this establishment has 3 restaurants all offering an innovative cuisine using fresh, simple produce.
Working within the 2 AA restaurant, you will be assisting the Exec Chef in running the kitchen enabling the team to achieve the highest levels of standards and service. You will be preparing food to the highest quality.
The Main Duties of this position will be:
* Run an environment that is clean, tidy and organised at all times
* Act as a deputy to the Executive Chef and Senior Sous Chef with all responsibilities as required
* Lead, co-ordinate and motivate the team according to DC Values
* Produce and deliver quality food and enable operational excellence
* Plan the day to day running of all sections of the kitchen effectively to meet the service standards
* Communicate directly with kitchen team members regardingchanges in business
* Control, with the aid of the Executive Chef, all the operating costs within all the food outlets to the agreed budgets set and order appropriate levels of food
* Carry out quality checks on stock, produce and dishes along with offering training, understanding of the products to keep the team focused and allowing them to evolve as chefs.
* Have a flexible ability to respond to business and client needs.
* Mange rotas in accordance to business levels
* Ensure daily food preparation meets recipe and specification index i.e. size, quantity and quality
* To follow and abide by all regulations, policies and procedures that has been set out by the client
* Attend all relevant meetings and ensure understanding of business throughout the hotel
* Comply with all statutory and company health and safety, fire, bomb and security regulations
* Ensure job required certificates, Licensing and employment law knowledge is kept up to date
* Along with your main duties you may be asked to complete other tasks and duties as and when necessary and reasonably required
* You may on occasion be required to adjust your hours of work to cover the business needs
For this you will be required to possess:
* City and Guild 7061/7062 or NVQ Level 2and3
* Menu development
* Ordering systems and costing processes
* Complimentary nights with breakfast, and 50 discount
* Team members awards and incentives schemes
* Complimentary meals whilst on duty at our team members restaurants
* Great Training and development
To apply for this Jnr Sous/Sous Chef position, then please send us your most recent CV to murrayfirstcontactuk.com.
All applicants must
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 00111637JM
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 00000000000
Number of Views: 7
Date Added: 13 June 2017