General Manager - Stunning Gastro Pub
Job Category: Restaurant Manager
Job Location: Cheshire
Description: GENERAL MANAGER REQUIRED - QUALITY GASTRO FOOD PUB WITH REAL ALES
QUALITY GASTRO FOOD PUB OPERATION serving quality freshly sourced produce and quality beers and cask ales
CLOSE TO SANDBACH
SALARY: Up to £35,000 BASIC PLUS EXCELLENT BONUS PLUS BENEFITS
BUSY OPERATION WITH EXCELLENT TRADE
Well respected popular gastro pub company is looking for a quality, experienced General Manager to run their extremely busy food & real ale operation situated in a stunning countryside location close to Sandbach. The establishment offers a selection of cask ales and delicious quality freshly prepared locally sourced produce and has a busy food trade with a high number of external seating which make this a busy and popular venue throughout the year. The pub/restaurant appeals to a discerning crowd and is very busy on the food side at both lunchtimes and for evening meals.
My client is looking for a driven, passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated manager to run the popular operation whilst also being able to drive and develop the food and drink sales and also events. You must be extremely customer focused and be passionate about creating a warm and welcoming environment for both new and regular clientele.
With the ability to really understand your clientele and a real passion for high quality gastro food along with quality beers, cask ales and wines, you will work closely with an excellent Head Chef to deliver the highest standards of service and good food in great surroundings. The pub has a good balance of both food & drink so we are looking for a strong all rounder.
The company are very passionate about their standard of service and pride themselves on the people that work for them. Their pubs are the hub of the community attracting a regular local clientele as well as visitors to the area wishing to sample their warm welcome and great offering with the emphasis on attracting a growing clientele! The pub operations are all about maintaining the same high quality standard.
The pub is doing extremely well but has the potential to grow further and has certainly not yet reached its peak so this is an exciting and rewarding challenge for the right person.
The pub is furnished to a high standard throughout and with a proven track record and a solid base, this pub is a really good example of what the company do best!!
* Experience of working as a General Manager of a quality gastro food pub or a quality branded gastro operation and the ability to use that experience within a smaller growing company.
* Candidates who have a mix of both branded and independent experience would be ideal.
* Warm and friendly with very strong people skills and customer service standards - someone who feels comfortable chatting to the regular customers and is comfortable speaking to people at all levels, driving repeat business and building up a great relationships with their customers.
* A strong people manager who can train and motivate their team to providing the highest standards of service.
* Passionate about the product they are selling - passionate about great real ales, beer and wines and great fresh locally sourced food.
* Spark, energy, enthusiasm.
* An understanding and love of cask ales.
* Good financial understanding - stock control, wages etc and the ability to keep these in line with budget whilst driving the business forward.
* The desire to work for a successful company that are still expanding and who will give you the autonomy to run the operation as if it were your own business with the support of equally passionate people.
* The desire to be part of developing a site even furtherwith extreme potential for growth
* Personal Licence.
Starting salary is up to around £35,000 plus bonus plus fantastic LIVE IN ACCOMMODATION and an attractive bonus package.
In order to ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae in a Word Document format.If this role does not fully match your needs please visit our website, www.berkeley-scott.co.uk for similar opportunities or call us on 0161 233 5883.
Berkeley Scott is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Employer Reference: 1001875
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 0363 233 5883
Job Website: http://www.berkeley-scott.co.uk
Number of Views: 13
Date Added: 08 June 2017