Sous Chef - 25K - Expanding Independent Glasgow
Job Category: Sous Chef
Job Location: Glasgow , Glasgow
Description: Sous Chef 25K Expanding Independent Glasgow
Ellis Mack Recruitment is working with expanding Scottish operator. Serving produce to a very high standard. You will have the chance to work across multiple kitchens and learn all there about their produce.
Responsibilities and Overview:
* In the head chefs absence take responsibility for the kitchen department, food cost, ordering, food and health and safety
* Day to day support for the head chef in carrying out all duties required
* Ensure that all dishes are prepared with attention to detail and to the highest standard ensuring company spec is met at all times.
* Manage the kitchen brigade, motivate the team and share knowledge, training and developing chefs within the team
* Menus include daily specials and the dishes that allow you the opportunity to showcase some of the best local food producers who share the passion for great local and seasonal products.
* You must be passionate about food and delivering amazing hospitality to the guests.
* You must be organised, an excellent communicator, and a hands-on manager who has excellent attention to detail.
* Similar quality restaurant experience is required and an excellent knowledge of food is essential.
The Ideal Chef:
* Have extensive experience in a similarly fresh food operation
* Possess a passion and knowledge for food.
* Be driven and focused on first class standards across every aspect of the operation.
* Have shown loyalty and longevity throughout their career.
* Current basic food hygiene certificate is bare minimum
* Have excellent planning and organisational skills.
* Have excellent personal hygiene standards
Our client is looking to be a market leader in their field and have very high expectations of the business and the people who work for them. If you feel that you are and can match their expectations, self-motivated and driven to be the best you can be, then please apply now!
To apply for this role please email your CV to chris.blackellismack.co.uk or call on 0141 548 8246.
Ellis Mack Recruitment is operating as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
In accordance with the amendment to the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act 2006, effective from 29 February 2008, you are required to provide proof of the Right to Work in the UK.
Employer Reference: CB272
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 0141 548 8246
Number of Views: 29
Date Added: 02 June 2017